Follow this link to download a free sight word assessment with worksheet! Includes 70 sight words plus some links to sight word activities
Thursday, April 26, 2012
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Monday, April 23, 2012
Friday, April 20, 2012
This site offers free printable sight word worksheets. Each worksheet contains helpful information on properly forming each letter as well as offers numerous opportunities to practice writing each sight word. We recommend each child saying the sight word aloud as he writes to help develop a sight word vocabulary.
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Make the Sight Word Board GameCreating the game board is easy – all you need is a poster board, pen and list of sight words. Using a poster board, create a path. The path can look like a snake or contain squares similar to Chutes and Ladders. Ideally each space should be approximately one-inch so you can write a sight word in it. Use pennies, dice or a spinner from another game to advance on the game board and cheerios (just don’t let your child eat them before the end of the game) or match box cars work perfect as game pawns.
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Make practicing sight words fun with the Make, Take & Teach activity "Fishing For Sight Words". This activity is perfect for small group instruction or for use in your literacy centers. 75 fish contain sight words from Lists 1-3 of the 220 Dolch Sight Words. Simply print the activity, cut out the fish, assemble the fishing rod and your activity is ready to go. The "Fishing For Sight Words" activity is also available for Lists 4-6 and Lists 7-9.
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Monday, April 16, 2012
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
1. Write the word in a sentence
2. Write the word with funky letters
3. Write as a rainbow word...trace each letter with more than one color
4. Write the consonants in blue and the vowels in orange
5. Hide the words in a picture
6. Write the letters with dots or stars on the edge of each letter
7. Write the letters as a chain
8. Use colors to make a spelling pattern
9. Write as steps
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Monday, April 9, 2012
Download it here.
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
the link to download this one.
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Confessions of a homeschooler.
- Cut out the Sight Word tiles, then use them to build the words.
- Laminate then use dry-erase markers to write in spell the words.
- Play “Sight Word Bingo”. Have students put a pom-pom, or glass bead on each word card as it is called, 3 in a row wins!
- Use magnetic letters, or any other alphabet tiles you have to spell the words on a cookie sheet.
- Use tracing pages to practice sight word handwriting and spelling.